NOW HIRING VETERINARY TECHNICIANS
We are looking for Veterinary Technicians who are tired of drama filled work places, and are competent, team players able to learn quickly. Excellent communication skills are required. Important factors include the ability to handle stressful situations, ability and willingness to learn. The ideal applicant would be a detail oriented individual that possesses a strong work ethic. At Red Bluff Animal Hospital, our goal and policy is to treat our clients as we would want to be treated. Our clients are the heart of our practice and the reason we are here. At all times our clients and patients will be treated with respect, dignity and compassion. Being of service to our patients is the definition of our purpose and the mission of our practice.
Veterinary Technician: Individual responsible for providing the highest quality care for patients during appointments, hospitalization and surgery.
SKILLS, DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintaining excellent client communication and patient care.
• Ability to maintain a smile and positive attitude at all times.
• Assist the team in maintaining a clean working environment
• Ability to perform laboratory testing, radiology, anesthesia, surgical assistance, and variety of other general technical duties for outpatient, inpatient, surgery, and emergency care.
• Must be proficient in clinical laboratory procedures, medication administration, IV catheter placement, dental procedures, vital sign monitoring, compassionate animal restraint, physical assessments, radiographic techniques, anesthesia monitoring and venipuncture.
• Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
• Applicants must be willing to work weekends and some holidays and have reliable transportation.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Bi-lingual is a plus.
Red Bluff Animal Hospital uses Impromed Infinity, staff members will be trained on software. Applicant should be comfortable with learning Impromed software system. Applicant should have knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail and other processing systems.
Job type: Part/Full Time
• Veterinary Technician: 1 year minimum, 2 years preferred